First Birthday Cake

9/7/08
Nico and I made it to one, and, along with it came a rockin' party! We got the perfect day for it, with the sun shining and the downpour from the day and night before all dried up, Nico and I were the center of attention as our parents, friends, and families celebrated our first year.

We also experienced the joys of cake for the first time. Jenny's famous carrot cake, to be exact. Oh, what fun we had! Nico actually cleaned his plate before me this time! I think we found a way for us to get our vegetables... bring it on mom(s)!


I, of course, wanted to eat the whole piece at once. I've made it my own personal challenge lately, trying to see how much I can stuff in my mouth all at once and still be able to chew it up and swallow it. Of course, when I get too much in there I get frustrated, but the rest of the time it is fun. I couldn't quite get the birthday cake all in one handful. Oh, but watch out for me next year! :)



We did it, man! (Oh wait, Nico found some more in his bib!)

Friends from the start!

Jake brought along the a tunnel for us to play in. I crawled as fast as I could through there, laughing the whole way!


The after party:



Can you believe the first time we met we looked like this? (We were 1 week old in this picture.)


Check back in a couple of days - I have some videos to show you!

No comments: