Bye Bye Train, Bye Bye New York!!

7/6/09
What a fabulous week we have had! I have seen and done so much in New York City - how can I write about it all? First off, we've had total technology meltdown over here. The digital camera broke, so we used the 35 mm which then proceeded to have a dead battery. We actually brought the video camera, which we have not used much in my short little life, but after a day, it broke too! Mama and Dada got a new digital camera, but now the computer doesn't want to accept new pictures. Hmmmm. Eventually there will be New York pictures to share, I hope!

This week started off with me looking around and saying, "Dump truck!! Where are you dump truck???" Little did I know, I was not going to see dump trucks in New York. But I sure saw a lot of helicopters! And ambulances, police cars, subway trains, buses, taxis..... Where are you dump truck? Quickly turned into "Bus!! Where are you bus?" and "Bye Bye train!"

We didn't use the car the entire time we were here. Now THAT is nice! And I saw people from all over the world, and heard languages I speak, but nobody understands. ;) I ate Honduran baleadas, Chinese food, Korean food, Malaysian food, Mexican food, Italian food, and a lot of yummy bagels. I went to China Town, Korea Town, Little Italy, a Russian neighborhood, a Caribbean neighborhood... Whatever you can imagine, you can find it in New York. It is fabulous!

I saw a lot of sights, which you will see pictures of eventually. We went to the Bronx Zoo, Coney Island and Brighton Beach, the Brooklyn Children's Museum, Battery Park, Statten Island, and spent a day in Central Park.

Mama and Dada say that New York through a child's eyes is a whole different experience. Thank you so much Aunt Ronnie for letting us stay in your apartment, and for your gracious hospitality. I'll be back!

No comments: