Kaden was fascinated with nicknames for a while this summer, and decided to give himself one, too. He said his name was "All Done", but he went by "Done Done". He insisted for a while that we call him Done Done. If we slipped and called him Kaden, he'd say, "No! I'm Done Done!" It worked in our favor sometimes, too. If Kaden didn't want to do something, we could ask him if Done Done would do it, and he usually would.
He's also been working out all the relationships between people he knows, and the "other names" that they go by. Not just "Lisa is my Mama" or "My Dada is Jon," but also, "I have 2 Grandpas. One's name is Alan, and the other's name is Paul". And one day he asked me, "Mama, who's my brother? Is it Mo?" I asked who Mo was, and he said, "Mo. The dog at our old home in Vermont!" I assured him that Mo was most certainly not his brother, and explained to him that he doesn't have a brother at all. Then there was the day when I picked him up at school and I heard him tell his teacher, "My son is here!" Ok, so he's working through it all! It's a lot to sort out. :)
For any of you familiar with the "Some day I'm going to have a little cat" story from my childhood, it's begun for Kaden now. He's added a few things on, though. His refrain is "Some day mama is going to get me a cat, and I'm going to go on a bullet train in Japan!"
No comments:
Post a Comment