And all I got was this lousy...
After our macadamia nut saturation, we continued in our taxi tour to a nearby village that was strictly Kechi Maya in terms of the inhabitants. There was the typical tree-lined central square fronted by an impressive white stone church, and a three story Mayan marketplace with stall after stall of beautiful pre-Hispanic women agressively hawking a variety of wares. My parents went to this market and all I got was this lousy...absolutely nothing! However, Grandma J bought my dad an amazing, intricately patterned yellow jacket, he bought himself a hip wallet, and my mother purchased a soft as feathers multi-colored blanket (thinking of the afternoon trip to Volcan Pacaya, no doubt). They still have no clue that I exist, hence, no presents (although I will enjoy being wrapped in that blanket someday, and will probably inherit that yellow jacket if I am a boy!)


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment