We had the chance on our last day in Delaware to visit a friend from Honduras. Of course I had never met him before, but he was in the junior high in the school where my parents worked in 2006, and my parents helped to create a dvd of his life to add to his application for his scholarship to study in the US. He is now in his second year on full scholarship at St. Andrew's School, a prestigious private school (the one where they filmed "The Dead Poets Society"). I'm pleased to say he is doing well, and will continue to study there until he graduates. He has formed his own little organization to raise money for BECA (Bilingual Education for Central America: http://www.becaschools.org/), the organization that sent my parents to Honduras in the first place. Good stuff!
What do you think - a future student? (Price tag: over $40,000 a year. And this is only high school!!!)

I took to Kervin right away. Maybe I can stay, and he can teach me how to play soccer!

No comments:
Post a Comment